They say all good things must come to an end. After two years at McGregor College and one year at Steele Rudd College, I think I’m going to miss it.
Here’s a few bits and pieces I learnt about college along the way for Freshers and Returners alike:
- If you take one car load to college, it’s easy to forget that you need to go home at some point. Make sure you don’t accumulate too much stuff over the course of the year – I’m so guilty of this.
- When taking lunches, assemble sandwich material on to a plate so you can build a non-soggy sandwich when you’re ready to eat it.
- Take bulk dollar coins before you leave in readiness for weekly washing loads.
- Bar fridges are optional and will fit inside your rooms.
- Head over to the Quad to eat your lunch on Wednesdays, there’s always something fun going on in common hour.
- You don’t need to use your cellular data when within the university – make sure you get your wireless sorted. You can always ask I.T. at the hub to help you out!
- Pillow toppers are great to put on your mattress at college if you like a soft bed. They are pretty cheap and make sleep much more comfortable!
- A college wide optional game of ‘assassins’ is often played at some point during the year. Feel free to pack extra water bombs in readiness.
- Make use of the fruit trees! There are orange, mulberry, white mulberry, mango, lime, apple, pecan and many more fruit trees scattered around the colleges, plus the vegetable garden outside the back of the Steele Rudd kitchens.
- Bring posters/photos and blutack to make your room a little home away from home.
All the best for 2015!